How to Install iOS 12 on your iPhone, iPad
How to Install iOS 12
Apple unveiled its new software updates for iPhone, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV at the Apple WWDC 2018. The iOS update is usually the main highlight of WWDC. Apple dropped the iOS 12 Beta for Developers. iOS 12 brings many new features like Memoji, new Animojis, including ARKit 2, Siri Shortcuts, Group FaceTime and more. In case, if you want to try iOS 12 then follow these steps to Install iOS 12 on your iPhone or iPad.
The iOS 12 is focused mainly on the performance. Please note that installing beta software may slow down or make your device unresponsive sometimes. This happens because of the bugs which may interfere with regular usage. Here are all the iOS devices that support iOS 12:
- iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 5s.
- iPad Pro 9.7 inch, iPad Pro 10.5 inch, iPad Pro 12.9 inch, iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2nd Gen.
- iPad 9.7 inch, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air.
- iPod Touch 6th Generation.
In order to Install iOS 12 Developer Beta, you need to have an Apple Developer Account. Apple Developer Account will cost you $99 per year. Backup your iOS device so that you can restore the backup just in case if anything goes wrong.
How to Install iOS 12 Beta on iPhone or iPad
Here’s a method on How to Install iOS 12 Developer Beta using a Configuration file from Apple.
1. Visit Apple Developer Website HERE to Register your iOS Device for Beta.
2. Log in with your Apple ID into your Apple Developer Account.
3. After logging into your Apple Developer Account go to “Certificates, IDs, and Profiles”.
4. Then, go to the “Devices” section and click on the “+” icon.
5. Register your iOS device with the UDID (Unique Device Identifier) of your iPhone or iPad.
6. To get the UDID of your iPhone or iPad, simply connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac via iTunes.
7. Then, click on your iOS device serial number in order to see the UDID (Unique Device Identifier) of your iPhone or iPad.
8. Enter the UDID of your iOS device you’d copied. Click on “Continue” and, you’re registered to download the iOS 12 beta.
9. Visit Apple’s Beta Software Program Page HERE and search for iOS 12 Beta.
10. Tap on Download to download the configuration file.
11. After Downloading the iOS Beta profile, restart your iOS device.
12. Once your iPhone or iPad has rebooted, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
13. The iOS 12 Developer Beta OTA Update should show on your device.
Finally, at the end of this article, you’ll learn How to Install iOS 12 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. In case, if you’re facing any problems while installing iOS on your iOS device then, comment your problem. We’ll try to answer your problem as soon as possible.