How to Delete Gmail Account
Sometimes it is necessary to delete your Gmail account in case, if your account has been hacked or if your account is overrun by spam. It is possible to permanently or temporarily delete your Gmail Account if you need to. If you want to delete Gmail account for some reason, here’s a guide on How to Delete Gmail Account. Deleting your Gmail account can delete your Emails and Information saved within Gmail. You can delete your Gmail account and still keep your Google, YouTube, Drive, etc. accounts.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE DELETING YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT
1. Your Google Play purchases, search history will not delete.
2. Get a backup of all your emails.
3. Removing your Gmail account won’t release your username.
4. Deleting your Gmail account will not delete your Google Account.
5. It is possible to recover your deleted Gmail account. There is a short period of time during which you can recover your account.
6. If you use this Gmail ID with the accounts created on various third-party sites like Facebook, etc. change it before deleting the Gmail ID.
How to Delete your GMAIL ACCOUNT
Before you delete your Gmail account, get a backup of all your emails and data. If you’ve got a backup, you can still use these messages either by using Google Takeout or using other Email programs.
2. Click on the Profile Picture on the top-right corner and select My Account.
3. Select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
4. Click on Delete Products.
5. Select the Gmail account you want to delete.
6. Enter your Gmail password. After entering your password, you’ll find all active products on your Gmail account.
- You can also choose Delete Google Account and Data in order to Delete your Google account.
- Deleting your Google Account deletes your Search History, Google Docs, as well as other Google Services.
7. If you have already created a backup, click on Delete icon. Otherwise, click on DOWNLOAD DATA to download a backup.
8. Click Next and Click on the trash icon next to Gmail.
9. Now, choose Yes, I want to delete [email id] permanently from my Google Account.
10. Click on DELETE GMAIL
11. Gmail prompts to provide an email address in order to use other Google services such as Google Drive, etc.
12. Type the email address to access other Google service.
13. Click on Send Verification Email, Click on the Confirmation link sent on the email provided.
14. Select the checkbox and click confirm to delete this Gmail address.
15. Then, click the Delete Gmail button and click on Done.
Finally, at the end of this article, you’ll learn How to Delete Gmail Account. We hope you like our guide on How to Delete Gmail Account. In case, if you face any problem while deleting your Gmail Account please feel free to comment your question.