Whatsapp Payments (Whatsapp UPI)
Whatsapp Payments – Whatsapp UPI: Over 200 million Indian users use Whatsapp. It is the most popular Messenger app used widely. In a recent Whatsapp Update, Whatsapp introduced Whatsapp Payments (Whatsapp UPI). Now, you’ll be able to use Whatsapp to send and receive money.
This is an exclusive feature by Whatsapp only for the Indian users. The company (Whatsapp) to compete with top mobile payment wallets like Google Tez, Paytm, others. Learn how to activate Whatsapp Payments feature, how to use Whatsapp Payments (Whatsapp UPI). As of now, the Whatsapp UPI Payments is in Beta.
How to activate Whatsapp Payments (Whatsapp UPI)
- Download Whatsapp for Android || iOS
- Login/Sign up for a Whatsapp account.
- Use your Mobile Number to Login/Signup.
- Note: Use a Mobile Number which is linked to your Bank Account
- Then, verify your mobile number using OTP.
- Setup your Whatsapp Profile.
- In case, if any of your friends got the Whatsapp UPI feature ask them to send a UPI request.
- Once your friend sends you the UPI request, you get an option to Setup Whatsapp Payments.
- Complete the Setup process in order to Activate Whatsapp Payments feature.
- Then, Add your Bank account in order to send and receive payments on Whatsapp.
- Go to Whatsapp Settings then, Add Bank account.
- Give your Mobile Number linked to your Bank Account.
- Select your Bank from available Banks
- Now, Whatsapp will check for the Bank account linked to your Mobile Number.
- Once it finds your Bank Account, Tap into your Bank Account to Continue.
- Now, Enter your UPI PIN in order to verify your Bank Account.
- You’ve successfully setup the Whatsapp Payments.
- Use Whatsapp UPI to send and receive money from your Friends and Family.
How to use Whatsapp Payments (Whatsapp UPI)
Once you Setup Whatsapp Payments (Whatsapp UPI) feature, follow these steps to know how to use Whatsapp Payments UPI.
- Open a Whatsapp Chat.
- Go to Attach/Setting option on the app.
- Now tap on Payment option.
- Just type the Amount you want to send or receive.
- Hit send to send the payment or payment request.
- Then, verify the Payment process with UPI PIN.
- That’s it!! Your Payment is Processed Instantly.
This Payment feature on Whatsapp is available only on the mobile version of Whatsapp. The Whatsapp UPI service supports all major banks in India including ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, Airtel Payments Bank, other popular banks. Finally, at the end of this article, you’ll learn how to activate WhatsApp Payment Feature, how to use WhatsApp UPI to send and receive payments. Check out our Tips & Tricks Page for similar Articles.