How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error on Google Chrome
Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error
How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error on Google Chrome – Are you facing ERR CONNECTION REFUSED Error in your Internet Browser? Here are the latest Solutions for the Popular Google Chrome Error – “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED”. The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error usually comes up when Google Chrome fails to open a domain/website. In order to fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error in Chrome here are latest working solutions.
Usually, this error shows up when Google Chrome fails to open a domain/website. This error is one of the most popular and common errors in Google Chrome. This error may occur due to following reasons listed below.
- Problem with your Internet Connection
- If the website is down or temporarily not working.
- The website could also be blocked in System file Host
- The website may be blocked by Firewall
- You are accessing the website via a proxy server.
Solutions to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
- Check to see if the Website is Down
- Check your Internet Connection
- Clearing Browsing Data, Cache & Cookies
- Resetting Browser Settings
- Try Resetting your WiFi Router
- Flush DNS Cache/Renew IP
- Disable your Firewall or your Antivirus Software
Check to see if the Website is Down
This is the very first thing you need to do if the website is not loading. The easiest way to check if the website is Down is by using a website known as Down for everyone or just me.
- Simply copy the website URL.
- Now Visit “Down for everyone or just me” website HERE
- Then, paste the copied URL in the “Down for everyone or just me” website.
- In case, if the website is down for everyone then it’ll show you “Down for everyone“.
- In case, if the website is loading perfectly then it’ll show you “Down just for you“.
Check your Internet Connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Clearing Browsing Data, Cache & Cookies
Sometimes the Browsing Data, any corrupted Data in your Chrome Browser can cause this error with code ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. In case, if the Error is occurred by the corrupted data, then simply Clear Browsing Data, Cache & Cookies in order to fix this error.
Method 1: To Clear Browsing Data, Cookies & Cache
- Launch your Google Chrome Browser.
- Copy and Paste chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the search bar and Press Enter.
- A “Clear Browsing Data” box will appear.
- Check all boxes, and select “the beginning of time”
- Then, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- That’s It!. You have cleared all your Browsing History, Cache & Cookies.
Method 2: To Clear Browsing Data, Cache & Cookies
1. Open Google Chrome and Press Ctrl + Shift + Del Key on your Keyboard.
2. A “Clear Browsing Data” box will appear.
3. Make sure to check all boxes, select “the beginning of time” & then Click on Clear Browsing Data.
4. You have cleared all your Browsing History, Cache & Cookies.
5. Now, Just re-launch the Google Chrome browser & see if the error is gone.
Resetting your Browser Settings
The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error can also appear due to improper browser configuration or improper browser settings. In order to Fix this issue, you can Reset your Browser to its default Settings by following these simple steps given below.
1. Launch your Google Chrome Settings.
2. You can also copy and paste chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings in the search bar in order to launch your browser settings.
3. Search for “Show Advanced Settings” and Click on “Reset Settings” Option.
4. Then, a confirmation box will appear. Just, Click on “Reset“.
5. That’s It!. Your Chrome Browser Settings are Reset to the Default Settings.
6. Check if the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error still appears.
Flush DNS Cache/Renew IP
Try Flush DNS, Renew IP, Release IP methods in order to fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.
1. Click on Windows button & search for cmd.
2. Right-click on cmd & select Run as administrator.
3. Then, enter the Commands given below & run them one by one in Command prompt.
Then type, ipconfig /all
Now type ipconfig /flushdns to Flush DNS Cache.
To Renew your IP type ipconfig /renew
4. Now just restart your computer to apply the changes.
Try Resetting your WiFi Router
Resetting your WiFi Router can fix this error. To reset your WiFi router, press and hold down the power button on your Wifi Router for at least 10 seconds. Give it a few seconds before you turn it back on and see if the error still appears on your Google Chrome Browser.
Disabling Antivirus Software
Disabling your Antivirus Software may help you fix this issue. Here’s how to disable your antivirus in order to fix this Google Chrome error.
- Locate your Antivirus software and launch the antivirus settings.
- Then, search for the option “Disable Protection“.
- Select the option “Disable Protection“ then apply the changes.
- Confirm by clicking “YES DISABLE PROTECTION”.
- Just in case, if the antivirus asks you to set a timer for disabling the protection then, select the lowest time possible.
Here are some Solutions to FixERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Error. In case, if you are not are not able to fix this error then feel free to comment your query below. We will try to answer your request as soon as possible. Meanwhile, check out How to Fix ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS Error on Google Chrome.